The Portland Trail Blazers (6-9) face off against the Chicago Bulls (8-4) tonight in the Moda Center at 7:00 PM.
The Blazers will look to win their third straight game after beating both Los Angeles teams over the weekend. The Bulls are hoping to get back on track after a 106-94 loss to the undefeated Golden State Warriors on Friday. Prior to that game, the Bulls had four consecutive victories.
About the Bulls:
- Chicago saw a four-game winning streak end Friday night, when it lost 106-94 to the Golden State Warriors in Oakland. Jimmy Butler finished with 28 points and seven assists and Pau Gasol added 14 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in the loss
- The Bulls played without point guard Derrick Rose, who was sidelined with a sprained left ankle. After missing the last two games, the former MVP is expected to return against the Blazers. The oft-injured All-Star already was playing with a protective mask because he fractured an orbital bone during training camp.
- Rose had played in the Bulls’ first 10 games of the season.
- The Bulls have been one of the NBA’s best early-season defensive teams. They rank second in field goal defense, holding opponents to 41.1 percent shooting, and second in effective field goal defense (45.7 percent
- Joakim Noah needs 619 rebounds and 37 offensive rebounds to become the franchise leader in both categories. Michael Jordan is the Bulls’ all-time rebounding leader (5,836) and Horace Grant is the all-time offensive rebounding leader (1,888).
About the Blazers:
- After dropping seven in a row, the Blazers have won their last two. The most recent came Sunday night in Los Angeles, where they defeated the Lakers 107-93.
- Point guard Damian Lillard recorded 30 points, a career-high 13 assists and six rebounds in the win.
- Lillard ranks among the NBA’s top 10 in scoring (fifth, 25.5 points per game) and assists (tied for seventh, 7.1 per game) and ranks second in 20-point, five-rebound games with 12.
- Center Mason Plumlee finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds against the Lakes, recording a double-double for the second consecutive game. It’s just the fourth time in his career he’s logged double-doubles in consecutive games. … Plumlee, who is shooting 59 percent this season, ranks third in the NBA in field goal shooting.
- Lillard and fellow backcourt mate CJ McCollum are averaging 45.6 points per game, the third-highest of any duo in the NBA.
In ATS trends, the Bulls are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games following a loss of more than 10 points and 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games overall, while the Blazers are 4-12-1 ATS in their last 17 games against a team with a winning record and 0-6 ATS in their last six against the Eastern Conference.
Head to head, the Bulls are 2-6 ATS in the last eight meetings overall and just 1-5 ATS in the last six meetings in Portland.