Tagged in: offer

Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling not interested in Tottenham move as part of Harry Kane deal

Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling would not be keen on a move to Tottenham as part of a deal to bring Harry Kane to the Etihad Stadium, sources have told ESPN.

ESPN reported on Monday that City were readying a £100 million offer for Kane that could include players heading to Spurs as part of the arrangement.

Reports have suggested Sterling is one of the names in the frame, along with Gabriel Jesus and Aymeric Laporte, but sources have informed ESPN the England winger is not open to the idea of being considered in the deal.

Sources close to City and Tottenham told ESPN a formal offer for Kane has not been made.

Get all the latest Betting and Sport News updates on your social media outlets.

Sterling has been a key part of City’s success under Pep Guardiola, winning the Premier League title three times.

However, the 26-year-old lost his place in the starting XI towards the end of last campaign as Guardiola favored Phil Foden and Riyad Mahrez. All three started the Champions League final loss to Chelsea.

Sterling was left on the bench for both legs of the quarterfinal versus Borussia Dortmund and again in the semifinal triumph over Paris Saint-Germain.

He has two years left on his contract after signing an extension in November 2018.

Sources have told ESPN that if he were to leave City this summer, it would be on his terms rather than as part of another deal.

Kane is keen to leave Tottenham this summer with City, Manchester United and Chelsea all registering an interest with his representatives.

Sources have told ESPN that even if City made a £100m bid, it is likely to be rejected by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who values the striker at more than £150m.

Kane still has three years left on his contract after signing a long-term deal in 2016. The 27-year-old’s future has also been complicated by Spurs’ ongoing search for a new manager after the dismissal of Jose Mourinho last season.

Check WagerWeb and find the best online betting site.

Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons discuss Julio Jones trade

As the Falcons continue to field calls from teams interested in trading for Julio Jones, the Seahawks have had conversations about a possible trade with Atlanta for the wide receiver, sources told ESPN’s Dianna Russini.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Jones have been in touch, having phone conversations to discuss the option of playing together, Russini reported.

Seattle already boasts a talented wide receiver corps led by DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett, who each had 10 touchdown receptions and more than 1,000 yards receiving last season.

Sources told Russini on Thursday that the Falcons have an offer of a future first-round draft pick on the table for Jones. Atlanta has asked teams that have inquired about Jones for a first-round draft pick in return, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter last Monday.

The Seahawks do not have a first-round pick in 2022 after sending it to the New York Jets last year to get safety Jamal Adams.

Get all the latest Betting and Sport News updates on your social media outlets.

The rumor mill around Jones started last month when general manager Terry Fontenot told reporters his team would be taking calls about the All-Pro receiver.

Then, on Monday, Jones said “I’m outta there,” when asked about the Falcons in a telephone call with FS1’s Shannon Sharpe on the network’s “Undisputed” show. It is unclear whether Jones knew the phone call was being televised.

Jones, 32, requested a trade from the Falcons at the beginning of the offseason in March, but the organization was trying to protect him and work quietly behind the scenes, a source told Schefter, and has been talking to other teams for weeks. The Falcons prefer not to trade him in the NFC but would do so for the right price, the source said.

The Tennessee Titans have also discussed a trade with the Falcons, but a source described the Titans’ probabilities of landing Jones as a “long shot” to Russini on Thursday.

It is likely that Jones will not be traded until after June 1 because of the salary-cap benefits for the Falcons. Jones, whose base salary of $15.3 million is fully guaranteed for this season, is scheduled to cost the Falcons $23.05 million against the cap in 2021 and has cap hits of $19.263 million in 2022 and 2023.

If the Falcons move Jones after June 1, the move would offer Atlanta relief against the cap this season because the dead money owed to him would be split between this season and next.

Check WagerWeb and find the best online betting site.

Conor McGregor willing to fight Dustin Poirier but says it has to be in 2020

Conor McGregor is closer to returning to the Octagon than he has been in months.

McGregor tweeted Thursday that he “accepted the UFC offer” to fight Dustin Poirier.

But while McGregor accepted the rematch versus Poirier, whom he beat at UFC 178 in 2014 via TKO, he insisted that “it must happen in 2020.”

UFC had offered the fight to McGregor two weeks ago for UFC 257 — the Jan. 23 pay-per-view event.

McGregor asked UFC to book the fight on either the Nov. 21 or Dec. 12 pay-per-view card. Sources said McGregor’s team is now awaiting a reply from UFC on its counteroffer. Both upcoming pay-per-view cards — UFC 255 and 256 — have openings at the moment.

Last week, Cody Garbrandt was forced to pull out of the UFC 255 main event versus flyweight champion Deiveson Figueiredo due to a torn biceps. As a result, he has been replaced by the lesser-known Alex Perez.

Get all the latest Betting and Sport News updates on your social media outlets.

As for UFC 256 on Dec. 12, ESPN reported earlier this week that it had lost its main event after welterweight champion Kamaru Usman asked for more time to train for Gilbert Burns.

UFC has attempted to book a Stipe Miocic-Francis Ngannou fight for the heavyweight title or a Jorge Masvidal-Colby Covington fight instead, but neither was locked in.

McGregor hasn’t fought since his 40-second TKO triumph over Donald Cerrone in January. Before that fight, he said he was hoping to fight three times in 2020. However, the coronavirus pandemic and failed negotiations with UFC have stalled his return, leading to a public feud of sorts with UFC president Dana White.

McGregor also tweeted that he will still donate $500,000 to Poirier’s Good Fight Foundation charity, as he promised to do when the pair tried to set up a charity sparring match last week.

Check WagerWeb and find the best online betting site.